The H Roundup
Welcome to The H Roundup, your fast examination of a week with a many review news on The H, a confidence alerts and open source releases, and a essential underline articles – all in one quick-to-scan news item.
This week saw a recover of chronicle 12.10 of Ubuntu Linux, code-named “Quantal Quetzal”, and a introduction of a new web interface for Canonical’s Juju cloud adaptation tool. The Linux heart developers finished a categorical growth proviso of Linux 3.7, and a latest recover of a Razor-qt desktop sourroundings gained new functionality.
- Ubuntu 12.10 “Quantal Quetzal” strictly released
- Canonical releases web interface for Juju
- Main growth proviso of Linux 3.7 completed
- New functionality for nimble Linux desktop, Razor-qt
- Rust 0.4 stabilises denunciation syntax
- Preview of OpenWRT 12.09 Linux for routers
- Raspberry Pi gets a memory doubled
- Lulzbot 3D printer receives FSF hardware certification
According to investigate by confidence organisation ReVuln, Valve’s Steam module placement height can be exploited by enemy around a URL protocol. The Santander bank web site was found to save patron passwords in plain content in cookies while users were logged in.
- Report: Steam poses confidence risk
- Santander’s online banking keeps passwords in cookies
This week, Fabian Scherschel took a demeanour during a latest recover of Ubuntu Linux, chronicle 12.10. Mary Branscombe spoke to RIM about a open source plan and BlackBerry 10, and Dj Walker-Morgan talked to 10gen’s Max Schireson about a company’s open source database, MongoDB.
- What’s new in Ubuntu Desktop 12.10
- RIM: reaping a advantages of open source
- 10gen: Growing a MongoDB world
Open Source Releases
Version 3.0 of a KDE project’s Plasma Active user interface was released, a initial growth chronicle of a Calligra 2.6 capability apartment arrived with a code new veteran essay program, and a VLC Media Player combined support for a Opus codec. New placement releases enclosed chronicle 2.0 of a OpenELEC embedded media centre OS, Zenwalk Linux 7.2 and NetBSD 6.0, that has initial support for a Raspberry Pi mini-computer.
- Plasma Active 3 expelled with new apps
- VLC Media Player 2.0.4 supports Opus decoding
- OpenELEC 2.0 media centre OS expelled with PVR support
- Zenwalk Linux 7.2 aims for “100% Slackware compatibility”
- NetBSD 6.0 expelled with initial Raspberry Pi support
- Cisco announces a possess OpenStack-powered distribution
- Spring Data gets a recover train
- Piwik 1.9 adds Transitions perspective and GeoIP integration
- Dart denunciation has initial birthday and initial milestone
- Thrift 0.9 generates interfaces in D too
- OpenGamma recover ElSql tool
- LibreOffice 3.5.7 upkeep refurbish released
- Calligra 2.6 alpha previews veteran essay program
- Google open sources Supersonic query engine
- Facebook betas Android SDK revamp
- Firefox Marketplace launched on Android
- Second Mageia 3 alpha arrives for testing
- Second alpha for Apache Hadoop 2.0
- Stormy Oct patch day for Oracle
- Apple updates Java for comparison Mac OS X – kills browser plugin
For all The H has published in a final week, check out a final 7 days of news. To keep adult with The H, allow to a RSS feed, or follow honlinenews on Twitter. You can follow The H’s possess tweeting on Twitter as honline.